Sunday, June 13, 2010

October 19, 2009

Well, I'm here in the Sharon Springs ward. It is in Cumming Georgia which... is on the other side of Lake Lanier AND in the same stake as my old ward Hamilton Mill. So, the Lord was kind in keeping my transfer fairly close. My new companion is Elder Mortenson, he's been out for a whopping 6 weeks! So together we make 6 months. He's a great guy and I'm excited to be able to work with him, hopefully for more than 1 transfer, unlike all my other companions. The new ward is great, the members are super missionary minded. We have a whole whiteboard in our apartment dedicated wholly to member referrals. Neither of us really know any thing about them, so we'll be asking around. And I've been told by President King that this is the best bishop in the mission and in his opinion, one of the best in the church.... those are pretty big expectations and unfortunately he was sick yesterday, so I've yet to meet him.

In this ward there is a Sister L****... from Centerville. He maiden name: M*****. She is the older sister of Jessica Miller who most of us know as Fauntine. It was so cool! I met her my first night here and we made the connection immediately. She's a super nice lady. Also in our ward in the Mormon version of Michael Scott (from the office), he just happens to be Gospel Essentials teacher... he's great. His wife is pregnant with their 7th and their oldest is 17... kinda like us!

The apartment, it's super nice however, it is at the top and bottom of a hill... let me explain. The beginning of apartment complex is up an HUGE hill. But the apartment is down towards at the bottom of the hill. Kinda giving me a good workout.

Other than that it's been super cold here and I'm just trying to learn the new area. I'm sorry this e-mail hasn't been my best, but I want you to know I love you. I pray for you often.

Love,

Elder Davies

No comments:

Post a Comment