Monday, August 31, 2009

August 17, 2009

To get over my great fear of bikes (which has been instilled in me ever since my many bad experiences as a young pup) we've been riding a mile and back to Wal-Mart, twice this week. Well, as we were cutting through back lots and such we can to, what for me, was a very large hill. Now, Elder Hunsaker being an extreme sports Motorcross racer easily whizzed down the hill, leaving me to start a top and conquer my fears. I said a prayer and an audible "Lord have mercy" and was on my way down. Luckily, I missed the rock. Exhilirating, yes; freightening: YES!

Thursday night we went to dinner and a members home with boys ranging from 16 to 3. Well, after a hearty dinner we had some entertainment, courtesy of the 3 and 7 year old. After batting practice there was a dance party that broke loose to the tune of 'Who Let the Dogs Out' during such dance party a highly coveted and patented move broke out much to my dismay: The Bumblebee. Where little 3 year old Manning Berrett learned such a move I know not. But it is my signature move and lucky for him I did not have the heart to show him up.

While visiting the members on our ward roster on Saturday we came to the Hales' house. She is from Centeral America and has two twin 3/4 year olds. The boy being a normal 3 year old, was pushing his sister and being a tease. But his sister, having braces on her legs could do very little about it. I appointed myself her protector and played with the little boy, while still protecting his sister from his vicious fists. Well, neither of them really spoke much but after this little girl saw me as her own personal Hercules she began to show me some of the little scrapes and bumps upon her arms, speaking is Spannish all I could pick out was Un pacito (if I'm not mistaken) which, according to my knowledge and her mother affirmed translation, means little kiss. So add her to the list, Girlfriends from 4 to 79, not exactly what I expected from a mission ;)

Well family, I wish I had more to report about the actual work. It's moving fairly slow and things are pretty tough. But the Lord is good, he loves his children and his "kindness shall not depart" from they who will humble themselves and turn to him. With all my heart I love and think of you all often.

Love,

Elder Taylor Davies

No comments:

Post a Comment