Monday, August 31, 2009

August 24, 2009

I don't know what I have done, but I seem to be attracting some Georgian Belles. This week doesn't have just one new girlfriend, but several. First there's a few little 3 year olds who keep trying to flirt with me from their pew but the real one is a little six year old, who follows Elder Hunsaker and I around after church, the only escape we had was into the Men's bathroom, and even then she waited outside for us... a little creepy. But we shake it all off and get back to missionary work.

This week we did a lot of service. Wednesday was our designated random acts of service for the members day. We went and washed a car, swept a garage and pulled some ivy ( my experience was invaluable). We even had two investigators at church, we didn't bring either of them, they came with their families. One of them a little 10 year old boy named N*****, we taught after church. His mom and brother and sister are all members but he is not. He's accepted to be baptized on September 5th or 12th, depending on whichever weekend he's not with his dad. I'm not sure how solid the family's commitment to the church is, and he's really only being baptized cuz his mom wants him to but she's giving him the choice and he says he wants to. I just hope he actually gains his own commitment and testimony. But you can't just deny someone being baptized because you don't think they'll stay in the church, if they want to be baptized and are worthy then you of course let them. Anyway, I hope it will all turn out for the best.

Well, I'm sorry I'm so short on time. I love you all and can't wait to hear from ya'll next week.

Love,

Elder Taylor Davies

P.S. I've yet to have any real good Georgian Peaches, did you know that South Carolina grows more peaches than Georgia... I feel jipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment