Monday, August 31, 2009

August 3, 2009

We've spent a lot of time in the apartment creating a Map Book for the area since it's new and we're new and our miles are limited we decided that this would be the best use of our time. Other than that we've been trying to meet new members so not to much to really report. We did have a baptism on Saturday... so kinda my first but I'm not really counting it because I didn't ever teach her a lesson and such. But nonetheless, it was very exciting. Her name is T***** A*****, her husband is a member, they got married about a month ago. In fact it's a really weird situation, the husband and his ex-wife are both in our ward. And both active, but they're very civil, so I hear. I actually haven't met the ex-wife yet so I'm not sure for myself. Anyway, T*****'s step son who just returned home from his mission baptized her (using my pants because he left his, so I guess in a sense I was in the water with them ;) not really though, because that would have been weird). So that was pretty cool.

Wednesday night we had dinner with a sweet widow in our ward, she's 79 years old and she's our ward chorister. Her name is Sister A******* and she's very sweet. Anyway, after dinner she asked if we'd sit around the piano and sing for a bit. So for the next hour and a half we sang anything from Heigh-Ho to Jesus Was No Ordinary Man. Well, Elder Hunsaker's not really a singer so he was a good sport to go along with it. But because of this instance I've now been recruited to sing in church this upcoming Sunday, and not like the special musical number, I will be singing the Prelude music (another one of Sis. A*******'s ideas) so your prayers would be much appreciated. I nearly gave her a heart attack when I hit the high note in Danny Boy, afterwards she told us that our singing turns her on (take that from a sweet innocent old widowed lady perspective though) still, for us, it was a bit awkward and weird. Needless to say, Elder Hunsaker hasn't let me live any of this down and has relentlessly teased me about my new 79 year old girlfriend.... Don't worry, my eye is still single, and I don't think Sis. A******* would be the one to pick the lock I've already set on my heart.

Well, that's really our week, not very eventful but a good ride and good learning experience all round.

Love,

Elder Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment