Monday, August 31, 2009

July 27, 2009

I am about an hour North of Lilburn, in Hall County. I'm in a ward called the Hamilton Mill ward. You probably can't find it on any maps since, they've only been around for about a month now. In fact, Sunday was only the second Sunday in a full block. They're still trying to get all the callings filled and it's a pretty hectic place right now. To add to all of this, we're whitewashing the area. Yes, I was whitewashed and now I'm whitewashing, this means that both Elder Hunsaker and I came from different areas. Elder Hunsaker is my new companion, this is his first transfer as a senior companion and he's been out 7 months. He's from Lehi, Utah and loves racing motorcycles and dirt bikes and such. He's got a funny sense of humor, kinda reminds me of a mix between Nate Larsen and Colton Cook.

As a result of being in a new area we've spent the first few days making a map and trying to figure out where in the heck we're going. We're starting from scratch so to say. As a result we've been in our apartment making the map rather than proselyting, so it's been the strangest 3 days or so of my mission so far. On the positive side, we're in car during the August heat. On the negative side, the missionaries before us left us the car with 1174 miles on it for the month (that was on the 22nd) However, we're only allotted 910 miles a month, so we're trying to work through that too. Elder Hunsaker is really chill and so we don't stress, I really love that about him.

So a little bit about the area, Hall County is home to the training center of both the Atlanta Falcons and I believe Braves (don't quote me on that because it could just be a Minor Leauge team and it could be Gwinett County... which has a relation to Hall County and the year 1776, a prize for whoever can figure it out!) Also in Hall county is the Mall of Georgia, which is the biggest mall in all of Georgia, so we'll probably go there of these P-Days... I'll see if I can find some great southern garb to send ya'll.

Marc Johnson is in my new district, he's a Centerville native who's in our stake. His little brother Chad is my age and both are really good guys. I do love this district though and see a lot of opportunity to grow.

Well, that' really it for me. I want you all to know that I'm doing extremely well, I've been so strengthened by the Lord during this transfer and I'm so excited to be in a fresh area where we can really get the work progressing and try some new things. We're calling every ward member on their birthday to try to BRT (Build Relationship of Trust) hopefully that leads to some success. I love you all and know that the Lord has and will continue to bless our family. It does seem as though the last year or so have been a little bit of a refiners fire for the family. But I've seen us pull closer and, as strange as it seems, I feel closer to Jaman right now than I have for a long time, no doubt in my mind he's piggybacked me up a few of the hills I've come across.

Overall message: I love you, sorry if my letter became a missionary sermon, I try to stay away from that. But I do love you and think of you all often and pray for you more often.

Much Love,

-Elder Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment